What To Know About Green Cards
A green card – legally known as lawful permanent residence – is something of a holy grail in immigration law. While it’s not quite that mythical or out of reach, it can be incredibly challenging to get one. An intensive application process, potentially lengthy delays, numerous legal requirements and a laundry list of potentially disqualifying factors often make it an uphill battle.
Generally speaking, there are four ways to qualify for a green card:
- Through a family member
- Through a spouse
- Through employment
- Through asylum
Two additional paths – the diversity visa lottery and investor visas – are available only to a small number of people.
I Can Help You Determine Eligibility, Address Obstacles And Follow The Appropriate Process
If you have questions about your eligibility for a green card or need legal guidance pursuing one, I can help. I’m Elmer Saravia, an immigration attorney and founder of Saravia Law. I focus my practice almost entirely on immigration law because I’m passionate about helping people accomplish their dreams and secure the lives they choose.
I can guide you through all aspects of the green card process, including:
- Filing the right petition and supporting documentation with U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
- Pursuing an adjustment of status from an immigrant visa to permanent residence, which takes place within the U.S., or navigating consular processing outside the country
- Preparing for any required immigration interviews
- Challenging adverse immigration decisions
- Overcoming obstacles, such as unlawful presence or certain criminal convictions through immigration waivers
The specific steps will depend on your situation. I can let you know what to expect so that there aren’t any surprises. Having informed guidance from a lawyer you trust can go a long way toward reducing the stress, headaches and uncertainties of the immigration process.
Let’s Talk About Your Hopes And Dreams For A Green Card
To speak to a supportive, compassionate listener who understands the many intricacies of U.S. immigration law, please call me at 781-882-2835. You can also reach me online. I will do everything in my power to help you on the journey ahead.
Se habla español aquí. Eu falo português.